GO! Outdoors gives incoming first-year students an opportunity to better connect with other first-year students and to JSU.
Adventure Recreation has designed an adventure-based experience to jumpstart the first-year students’ ability to meet other incoming Gamecocks and to learn how to better face the challenges of being a college student ahead. This program is open to all experience levels and is only open top first-year students.
Each trip is specifically created to provide students with leadership experience to make the transition into college life smoother, and so that they may use these skills throughout their own college experience.
GO! Outdoors has a June session and a July session to choose from:
|Session||Trip Dates||Register Before|
|GO! Outdoors - June Session - Climbing - Rock Climbing in Tennessee||June 8-10||June 6|
|GO! Outdoors - July Session - Backpacking - Backpacking in Georgia||July 14-16||July 12|
$115 Fee Includes:
Transportation, meals during the trip, all necessary activity and camping equipment, and instruction.
What you provide: Upon registration, each student will be promptly emailed a detailed packing list and itinerary that is specific to their session. Although Adventure Rec will be able to provide the majority of the resources, students can expect to bring a 32. oz water bottle, appropriate clothing for the activity, closed toed shoes, sandals, and personal hygiene items.
Each trip is hosted by Adventure Recreation trip leaders that are dedicated to make the transition to Jacksonville State University the best that it can be. Trip leaders will email registered student additional trip details, packing lists, and be available to answer questions before the trip via email.
Contact Paul Killen at 256-782-8697 or firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
- To create your Jax State University Recreation account navigate to https://jsu.clubautomation.com/member-portal/create-account
- You will receive an access code in an email from Club Jacksonville State University. Insert your verification code. *Verification Code is valid for 60 Seconds
- You will be prompted to create your unique username and password.
- Complete your contact and emergency contact information and electronically sign your facility waiver. *Be sure to change the Country Section from Canada to the United States
- After electronically signing the facility waiver, you will gain full access to your account and can register all programs eligible for your status.