Financial Aid

JSU students in front of the recreation center

Fill out the FAFSA

The Free Application for Federal Student Aid, or FAFSA, is used by colleges and the federal government to determine your eligibility for grants, need-based scholarships,loans and workstudy programs.

Get started on your FAFSA

Cocky Chats

Join a "Cocky Chat" to engage in on-demand virtual conversations with our staff! You will be asked to provide an email address to book the meeting. We will send additional meeting details and access information to that address. We can't wait to chat with you virtually!

FAFSA Help Session

Need help filling out the FAFSA? Schedule a FAFSA Help Session to get one-on-one help completing your Free Application for Federal Student Aid with a trained Financial Aid Staff member in 103 Angle Hall. 

Important Dates

  • Dec 6 Last Day of Class
  • Dec 7 - 13 Final Exams
  • Dec 21- Jan 2 Campus Closed
  • Jan 18 - Payment Due for Spring 2023 

FAFSA Days in Ayers Hall Room 361 from 10-4

  • November 29
  • December 13

FAFSA Nights in the Houston Cole Library Main Lab from 4-7

  • December 8

Significant Changes to your Family's Financial Situation?

Complete a Family Contribution Appeal by following the instructions here.

Helpful Links