Seeking Energetic, Motivated Applicants for the Position of Police Officer
• 19 paid Holidays plus two weeks paid vacation
• Comprehensive group health plans with low premium cost for employees and their families
• Tuition remission up to 100% after one year of employment for employee and their dependents
• Uniforms & equipment provided
• Alabama Teachers Retirement System and a tax deferred annuities (TIAA) program
• High School Graduate or GED
• Valid Driver's License
• U. S. Citizen
• Meet Alabama Peace Officer Standard and Training minimum qualifications.
• Must be at least 19 years of age.
• Ability to pass medical screening and standards
• No felony convictions or convictions involving violence or moral turpitude
• Board interview
• Physical agility test
• Weapons Assessment
• Aptitude Assessment
• Criminal Background & Personal Reference Investigation
• Medical exam
• Psychological test
• Final interview
Interested individuals may check Job Opportunity at JSU's Human Resources Department for available positions. Once an announcement is posted, you may apply online or in person. Please contact UPD at 256-782-8888 for any inquires about being a police officer with the Jacksonville State University Police Department.