Application Procedures for JSU Housing
If you need housing for fall 2022, please contact Housing Operations and Residence Life at 256-782-5122 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The following information applies to new Fall 2022 - Spring 2023 applicants only. Current residents will reapply for housing in March 2022.
First year undergraduate students are required to live on campus inside the residence halls, however, we do allow students to request exemptions. If you are a student from Calhoun, Cherokee, Cleburne, Etowah, St. Clair, or Talladega county and do not wish to live on campus, we ask that you submit a request for exemption form online through MyResCenter, with new application for the following academic year available beginning October 1.
- You must be accepted to JSU before applying for a housing assignment.
- A $200 nonrefundable application fee is required before you can submit your application. Application fees are not covered by Loans, Grants, or Scholarships.
- You will need your MyJSU username and MyJSU password to log onto MyResCenter. We recommend using Chrome Browser and using a computer rather than a cell phone to log into MyResCenter.
- The Housing Application/Lease Agreement is a legal, binding document for the entire academic year, lasting NINE months. The Pointe @ JSU is a 12-month lease agreement, lasting fall, spring, and summer.
- Spring ONLY lease agreements last for the spring semester only.
- Summer housing applications are applicable to the term for which you are enrolled.
- Paper applications are not available.
Additional Application Information
- New applications for each academic year will be available beginning October 1.
- If you are receiving any type of scholarship you must pay the $200.00 nonrefundable application fee; it is not covered by your scholarship.
- We are not able to take your application fee out of your financial aid award.
- April 1 is the priority deadline for housing applications.
- If you do not live on campus for consecutive academic years, you will be required to submit another housing application fee. Students who do not complete the reapplication period in the spring are considered new residents and will be required to pay the $200 nonrefundable application fee again.
- Returning students receive priority if you apply during the designated reapplication period in March.
- We cannot guarantee a specific assignment.
- Roommate preference questions will also be used to assign roommates if you do not request a roommate on your application. Be sure to answer honestly, so we can match you with a compatible roommate.
- You may also search for roommates through MyResCenter using search criteria.
- Be sure to use RoomSync, an app for students to search for roommates. RoomSync can only be accessed through the housing applications on MyResCenter.
- First-Year Student Assignment Procedures:
- Incoming first-year students will be self-selecting their room assignments. Starting in April 2022, first-year students will log into MyResCenter to select their exact room assignment for the fall 2022 - spring 2023 terms. They will be broken up into four groups:
1. Group 1 will consist of all those who submitted their application between October 1, 2021, through November 30, 2021. Group 1 will select their room assignments beginning April 18-19, 2022.
2. Group 2 will consist of all those who submitted their application between December 1, 2021, through January 31, 2022. Group 2 will select their room assignments beginning April 21-22, 2022.
3. Group 3 will consist of all those who submitted their application between February 1, 2022, through February 28, 2022. Group 3 will select their room assignments beginning April 25-26, 2022.
4. Group 4 will consist of those who submitted their application between March 1, 2022, through April 1, 2022. Group 4 will select their room assignments beginning April 28-29, 2022.
Groups will receive a reminder notification two weeks, one week, and 48 hours before their selection dates. Students who submit their application after April 1, 2022, or do not select their room during their assigned date, will be assigned by the housing office based on preferences and availability. Housing assignments and/or roommate requests are not guaranteed..
- Transfers and New Upper-Class students who are wanting to live on campus will be assigned by the Housing Operations staff beginning May 1 and throughout the remainder of the summer.
- We currently do not offer private rooms upon application for housing.
- You may request a private room after move in. The room change request form can be found online under Roompact.
- We will make the Room Change Request form available during move-in weekend for the fall semester.
- If space becomes available and your request is granted, you may move during the third full week of classes (room change week).
- You will be required to pay the difference in housing rates if you are moving to a more expensive housing assignment or will be refunded if moving to a cheaper housing option.
- Any room changes taking place outside of room change week may result in additional charges.
- Roommate requests must be mutual and must include the correct student number of each roommate.
- Both roommate applications and application fees must be received online by Housing and Residence Life by April 1 to be considered.
- Both roommates must select the same living options in the same order of preference.
- You will be assigned another roommate if your desired roommate does not request you as a roommate, cancels their application, or both applications are not received by April 1.
If you will be living in Crow, Curtiss, Daugette, Dixon, Fitzpatrick, Logan, Meehan, Patterson, Salls, or Sparkman Hall, you are required to purchase a meal plan. For more information, please visit Campus Dining Services.