The Department of Communication maintains an active advisory board consisting of alumni, external industry professionals, and a current student who serves as an ex-officio member of the committee. The board will meet at least twice a year to discuss departmental and institutional business, and will work in subcommittee outside of the general meeting to execute objectives essential to the department’s operation. The advisory board has been organized to support the department’s observance of ACEJMC accreditation standards.
The charge of the committee is to:
- Provide counsel on current industry practice that informs curriculum and student media operations.
- To foster a stronger connection with our alumni.
- To better serve the evolving needs of today’s college student.
- To support internship development, student networking, and professional development.
- To identify and support fundraising and resource acquisition that enhances program quality for students.
Advisory Board Members
WBRC FOX6 News
Buffy Lockette, APR
Director of Strategic Communications
Jacksonville State University
Social Media Strategist
Senior Interactive Producer
Warner Media, Turner Sports/NCAA Digital
Associate Director of Executive Communications
Consultant, Noble Deeds Communications
Creative Production Designer- VO Talent- Iheartradio National Production team
Production Director- Iheart Media
Birmingham, Tuscaloosa, and Montgomery, Alabama
Director, MSNBC/NBC News
New York, New York
Vice President of Business Development & Global Accounts