All move outs must be completed by an RA, ARLC, or RLC in your area, you must have your room inspected and return your key to avoid improper check-out charges on your student account. Any damages to the unit will be charged to your student account. Listed below are different move-out procedures. Each situation is unique. Please contact our office for questions to ensure your understanding of this process and any applicable charges that may apply.
- You will need to withdraw from classes through MyJaxState. More information can be found online through the Registrar's Office.
- Housing Office staff members will verify you are no longer enrolled in classes.
If you withdraw from classes after the semester has begun, refunds are processed in accordance with tuition refunds based on the Academic Calendar. Residents who withdraw must immediately notify the Office of Housing Operations and Residence Life. Residents are required to properly vacate their housing assignment within 24 hours of the withdrawal. Residents who fail to properly vacate within the allotted 24 hours are subject to a $50 per day hold-over charge up to the total cost for the semester or term.
If you are being evicted you must move out before the date listed on your eviction notice. If you have a balance on your account, and/or are not registered in classes, you will need to move out according to the instructions on your eviction notice. If you feel you are able to pay down your balance or register for classes, you will need to speak with Financial Aid, Student Accounts, and/or the Registrar's Office because you may have more options at your disposal to stay enrolled and satisfy your balance.
1. Clean the room (i.e., dust, sweep, mop, etc.). This includes the common area (if applicable).
2. Remove any decals/stickers, including adhesive residue, nails, tacks, tape, etc. from walls, floor, ceiling, etc. Residents will be liable for any adhesive residue/damage to their apartment/room, furniture, and/or fixtures.
3. Remove all trash, including any common areas – bathroom, kitchen, etc. (if applicable).
4. Remove all personal property, including items in the common area (if applicable).
5. Return furniture to original location.
6. Sign up for a mutually agreed upon check-out time with your Resident Assistant (RA).
7. When ready, contact the RA to check out. The RA will inspect the room for compliance. Once the inspection is complete, return the key to the RA.
* Failure to complete procedures will result in minimum charges of $100 assessed to your JSU student account.
If you are graduating, please submit an Intent to Vacate form to let us know you will be staying until graduation. The form can be found online through Roompact.