- Educational Leadership, EdD
- Instructional Leadership, MSE and EdS
- Instructional Technology, MS
- Teacher Leader, EdS
- Library Media, MSE and EdS
- Clinical Mental Health Counseling, MS and EdS
- School Counseling, MSE and EdS
The JSU College of Education & Professional Studies proudly serves the citizens of northeast Alabama, the southeast, and the nation through our traditional and online programs of study. Teachers and other school personnel prepared at the baccalaureate, master's, and educational specialist levels develop an extensive knowledge and skill based education appropriate for the level of certification. Developing initial and advanced education candidates into effective, reflective, creative decision makers is the fundamental goal of all teacher preparation programs at JSU. Each degree program is designed to provide a strong knowledge and skill base that will help to ensure a successful future.
Alabama Office of ApprenticeshipJax State is excited to partner with the Alabama Office of Apprenticeships to offer two exciting new programs in Secondary English or Secondary Social Studies Education. The FutureEd Apprenticeship Program is a pilot program designed for full-time employees such as classroom aides and paraprofessionals to gain on-the-job learning under the supervision of mentor teachers while completing coursework to complete a Class B Certification program in Secondary English or Secondary Social Studies Education.Candidates interested in becoming a FutureEd Apprentice may visit the link below to learn more about the Alabama Office of Apprenticeship application.https://www.alapprentice.org/teacher/
- Special Education, BSE and MSE
- Early Childhood Education, BSE and MSE
- Elementary Education, BSE and MSE
- Early Childhood Special Education, MSE
- Reading Specialist, (P-12) MSE
- Child Development, BS
- Dietetics, BS
- Family and Consumer Sciences Education (6-12), BSE and MSE
- Human Sciences, BS
- Merchandising, BS
- Hospitality and Culinary Management, BS
- Business Education (6-12), BSE and MSE
- English/Language Arts Education, BSE, MSE
- General Science Education, BSE, MSE
- Instrumental Music Education, BA, MA
- Mathematics Education, BSE, MSE
- General Social Studies Education, BSE, MSE
- Vocal/Choral Music Education, BA, MA
The Office of Clinical Experiences partners with area school districts to provide field experience placement for teacher candidates with master P-12 educators. Clinical experience orientation and training for JSU students, Cooperating Teachers, and University Supervisors are also coordinated through this office.
The purpose of the Instructional Services Unit (ISU) is to provide at JSU's main campus academic and technological resources to public school students, pre-service teachers, in-field teachers, and Jacksonville State University faculty and students.
The JSU Inservice Education Center provides high quality professional development programs to meet the ever-increasing demands of public school teachers and administrators.
The mission of Teacher Education Services is to provide pertinent information, guidance, and support services to educator preparation candidates as they work towards their academic and professional goals.