Dr. Kimberly White, Dean, College of Education & Professional Studies
The Theme for the College of Education & Professional Studies at Jacksonville State University is “Reaching a World Class Standard!” For educators, this theme means that one of our graduates in teacher education should be able to go anywhere in the world and positively impact student learning! For dieticians, nutritionists, fashion designers, and others, it means that they are equally prepared for success as anyone in the world in their field!
One measure of a “world class standard” is the national accreditation status that has been earned. Below is a list of those accrediting bodies.
- Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS)
- Council for Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP) - formerly National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE)
- Accreditation Council for Education in Nutrition and Dietetics (ACEND)
- American Association of Family and Consumer Sciences (AAFCS)
- Council for Accreditation of Counseling & Related Educational Programs (CACREP)
As the Dean of the College of Education & Professional Studies, I am extremely proud to say that our faculty and staff, who are the backbone of each academic program and service, are committed to providing engaging learning-centered experiences whereby students develop the knowledge, skills, and professional dispositions necessary for world-class success.
I invite you to visit our campus located in the beautiful foothills of the Appalachian Mountains of northeast Alabama. Our friendly faculty and staff will help you develop a plan of action for a bright future. Make your next step count and be prepared for a “world-class” career!
Dr. Kimberly White
Dean, College of Education & Professional Studies