JSU Department of Art Scholarship Application Instructions
The JSU Department of Art offers a selection of student scholarship opportunities each year. Each scholarship has a unique set of criteria and/or required materials in order to be eligible for qualification.
Available scholarships include:
- The Lee Manners Scholarship
- The Julian Jenkins Scholarship for Sophomores and above
- The Joey Crews Scholarship for a BFA Junior or Senior
- The Department of Art Scholarship for Incoming Freshmen
- The Department of Art Scholarship for Transfer Students
- The Friends of Visual Arts Scholarship for Sophomores and above
- The Art Achievement Scholarship for Sophomores and above
- The Pat Borstorff Scholarship for an Art Major demonstrating excellence
- The Department of Art General Scholarship
Students who wish to apply for the Department of Art scholarships must apply for the General Scholarship Application online within the JSU Scholarship Manager by February 1st.
https://www.jsu.edu/finaid/scholarships/index.html (click “View and Apply for Scholarships”)
As an art major applying for scholarships, you will be required to upload image files of your art while filling out the online application. Your images may be .jpg format or may be a .pdf file containing your works. No physical portfolios will be accepted in person–all scholarship application materials are now submitted 100% online.
The Department of Art Scholarship Committee will review all eligible application submissions and materials during the Spring semester of each year and will determine the scholarship award recipients based upon the required criteria.
* Notification of scholarship awards will occur via your official JSU email. Status updates of your application can be reviewed at any time within your MyJSU account.
All questions and concerns regarding scholarships may be directed to the JSU Scholarship Office at (256) 782-8040 or email@example.com