At Jacksonville State University's Department of Art and Design, we offer a comprehensive professional education in the study and practice of visual art and design. With two undergraduate degree options, students have the choice of concentrating in one of six areas of discipline including Ceramics, Drawing, Graphic Design, Painting, Photography, and Printmaking. Preparing our students for a professional career in the arts is of primary importance and we do so by focusing on professional practice, portfolio building, and real-world experiences.
Types of Degrees
- BFA - Bachelor of Fine Arts
- BA - Bachelor of Arts
- MFA - Master of Fine Arts in Visual Communication Design
There are many different organizations to be involved in!
- Kappa Pi (Art Honor Society)
- Potter's Guild
- AIGA (American Institute of Graphic Arts)
- Photography Club
- Print Club
- Art Alumni Chapter of the Alumni Association