Welcome Music Graduate
Master of Arts in Music
- Music Education Concentration
- General Music Concentration*
The graduate music programs at Jacksonville State University are accredited by the National Association of Schools of Music.
** Requires a non-music minor.
GRADUATE TIMELINE (Important Information):
1. Complete the Graduate Application for Admission.
2. Complete the Graduate Application for Music Study.
3. Submit the Graduate Application for Assistantships, if desired – due February 1st for Fall Semester.
4. Take the Graduate Music Diagnostic Exam – Fall Semester.
- Saturday, August 21, 2021 - 10:00 am - 1:00 pm
- Location TBA
5. Take the Graduate Music Diagnostic Exam – Spring Semester.
- Saturday, January 15, 2022 - 10:00 am - 1:00 pm
- Location TBA
6. Schedule an Appointment with your:
- Graduate Music Studies Advisor for Advisement before registering for classes ( Dr. Renée Baptiste – firstname.lastname@example.org ).
- Develop a Graduate Course of Study with the graduate music studies advisor during the first semester.
7. Complete Graduate Application for Comprehensive Exam/Degree.
8. Submit Final Semester Plan after the completion of 26 credit hours.
- GRADUATION DEADLINES:
- October 1 for Fall Graduation
- February 1 for Spring Graduation
- June 1 for Summer Graduation
9. Take Written Comprehensive Exam – 10th week of semester.
Fall: Wed., October 27, 2021 and Fri., October 29, 2021;
Spring: Wed., March 16, 2022 and Fri., March 18, 2022
- PART I Music Theory and Music History: Wednesday from 1:00 - 4:00 pm
- PART II Education and Research Methods, Music History and/or Area of Specialization: Friday from 1:00 - 4:00 pm
10. Take Oral Comprehensive Exam – week before final week of classes, schedule with Candidate’s Committee.
Fall: Week of November 15, 2021; Spring: Week of April 11, 2022