Phase Two - Current Room Reselection (Squatters)
START TIME: Monday, February 13, 12:00 p.m. (noon)
END TIME: Monday, February 13, 11:59 p.m.
Eligible residents may reselect or squat for their same assignment next year. This is the only day to reselect your same assignment. There are some exceptions.
1. Residents of the 1st and 2nd floors of Meehan are not eligible to squat. These are reserved for incoming first-year students for fall 2023.
2. Residents of basement, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th floors of Sparkman are not eligible to squat. These are reserved for incoming first-year students for fall 2023 and the Living-Learning Communities.
3. If you are in an athletic, sorority, or handicap accessible room, you will not be able to squat. Contact JSU Housing to confirm if you have questions.
To reselect (or squat) your room:
1. Log onto THD Self Service.
2. Under "Room & Roommate Selection," you can reselect your current room as your assignment.
Students who participate in Phase Two are finished with the Reapplication Process after selecting their same room for the next year.
Roommates: You cannot bring a new roommate into your room with you during this time. If you want to room with another student, you have some choices to make. You can reselect your room during Phase Two and then the student you want to live with can try to select the other empty space in that room during Phase Four. However, by doing that, you risk that someone else with an earlier selection time will sign up for that empty spot before your preferred roommate can do so. Alternately, you can choose not to reselect your current room during Phase Two, but participate in roommate pairing during Phase Three. This will help ensure you can live with the student of your choice, but you might not have the option to return to your current location, depending on selection times and popularity of that particular room.