Frequently Asked Questions
GO! Leaders are students who volunteer their time to welcome and assist new students and their families. GO! Leaders have been trained to handle all of the needs of new students. They are customer service representatives of the University and are knowledgeable of all student services and programs on campus. Members of the Gamecock Orientation Program can be identified by their distinctive red polo shirts and welcoming smiles.
Have a question or problem? Seek out an Orientation staff member - they are here for you!
Parents and family members are important resources for our new students. We have designed a special parent session for guests that will take place in the morning on orientation days. This event is designed for new students' parents to gain valuable information concerning services offered to students on campus. Parents will also be able to talk with the Directors from the different offices on campus. Parents/guests will eat lunch with their students and will have the opportunity to interact with various administrators during the afternoon. There is a family and guest fee of $20 per person. This fee includes meals (continental breakfast & lunch), educational materials, and educational sessions.
Walking is a central component of the GO! experience. Parents are advised to wear comfortable clothing and shoes due to warm temperatures and movement among buildings on campus. This is a full-day program. Please plan to spend the entire day on campus to receive the full benefit of this program.
- Your GO! confirmation letter, which you receive when you pay and complete your GO! registration
- Your parking pass, which is included in your confirmation email. Display your parking pass on your dashboard before leaving your car.
- Your MyJSU username and password, which you received in your acceptance letter
- Transcripts for all college work previously completed
- Comfortable walking shoes
- Light jacket (conference rooms can be chilly)
- Government-issued photo identification (driver's license, passport, etc.) for verification to get your student ID
We are located in the Lobby of the Houston Cole Library. The Division of Student Success is responsible for all orientation programming.
Office hours are Monday through Friday 8:00 am to 4:30 pm.