Need help accessing your GEM account?
Step 1: Login to GEM
- GEM URL: http://outlook.office365.com/
- Username: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Initial Password: your 6 digit birth date (mmddyy) and last 4 digits of your JSU ID*
Example: If your birthday is 02/17/1992 and student number is 142547876, your temporary password would be 0217927876
To find your JSU ID: In MyJSU, click "View Student Profile" within the Student Links Section
Step 2: Create a new password
- Enter initial password from Step 1 (Office 365 will refer to this as "old" password)
- Create new password and confirm
- Submit the password change
- NOTE: Office 365 requires strong password - make sure to remember your new password
Step 3: Setup mobile devices (optional)Follow the instructions linked below for your device
- iPhones & iPads - Follow steps in section entitled "Work or school email accounts that use Office 365"
- Android Devices - Follow steps in section entitled "Set up work or school email accounts that use Office 365"
- Windows Phone - Follow steps in section entitled "Set up an Office 365 for business or other Exchange-based email account"