Request a Presentation
Disability Resources at Jacksonville State University recognizes disability as an aspect of diversity that is important to our society and our campus. Your office of Disability Resources is committed to providing education, awareness, inclusion and outreach to students, faculty, and staff at JSU. To achieve this goal, we offer a variety of presentations, programming, and informational session and aim to give these presentations to various groups on campus.
A member of the Disability Resources team can visit your training or event and present on a wide variety of topics which include, but are not limited to the following:
- Accommodation Process
- Assistive Technology
- Autism Spectrum Disorder
- CANVAS Accessibility
- Creating alternative formats.
- Creating an inclusive learning environment.
- Disability Awareness
- Disability Rights and Regulations
- Emotional Support Animals / Service Animals
- Inclusive Course Design
- Learning Disabilities
- Physical Disabilities
- Psychological Disabilities
- Strategies to best support students with disabilities
- Transitions from Highschool to College
- Types of Accommodations
- Universal Design Learning (UDL)
- Other topics as requested.
We request that you request 3 weeks in advance to us to appropriately structure our presentation to your specific needs, audience, and interests. If we are not able to accommodate your specific date and time, we will follow up with you with alternative dates and times that are available and work with you to schedule a time.