Reporting Suspicious Activities
Remember, your JSU Police would rather be called and not needed than needed and not called.
- Remain calm. Keep away from the suspicious person(s) or activity and avoid taking any risks. Notify the JSU Police Department at 256-782-5050.
- Give your name, address, and phone number in case the university police need to contact you for more information later. If you prefer, you can remain anonymous.
- Tell the police whether the crime is in progress or has already been completed. (If you see a crime in progress, report it immediately. If you wait, the police will have a much more difficult time apprehending the suspect).
- Be prepared to give a description of what happened (time, place, was anyone injured, etc.) and a description of the suspect (sex, age, race, weight, distinctive characteristics).
- A description of any vehicle(s) involved, license plate number if possible, time and direction of escape
- Additional details and circumstances (if any).
Crime Prevention is everyone's business. Report suspicious behavior immediately to the JSU Police Department.