Keith B. Foster
Instructor of Computer Science
240 Ayers Hall
Keith, a dual service Veteran, serving in both the U.S. Navy and U.S. Coast Guard; holds a Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Information Systems/Information Assurance, and a Master of Science degree in Computer Systems and Software Design/Information Security and Assurance. Keith has interests in all aspects of Information Technology with focus on Data Analytics/Visualization, Cybersecurity Initiatives, Cybersecurity Implementation Planning, Operating System Security, Information Security Behavior, Usable Security, Database Systems, Systems Analysis and Design, IT Strategy, Ethics and Legal Issues, and Computer Science Education.
- Fundamentals of Computing, with focus on sets, functions, propositional logic, number systems, data representation, binary arithmetic, problem solving tools and techniques, control/data structures and the Python programming language.
- Web Design, with focus on creating well-designed websites, web design techniques, graphics, accessibility, responsiveness, and effective communication on the web.
- Introduction to Information Technology, with focus on the theory and operations of information technology, computing systems, hardware, software, and hands-on experience with selected productivity software.
- B.S. Jacksonville State University, Computer Information Systems/Information Assurance
- M.S. Jacksonville State University, Computer Systems and Software Design/Information Security and Assurance
- Student Veterans of America
- JSU's SVA has been on campus since 2016. SVA members have been able to improve the student experience for Military-Connected students by finding a need and taking action.