Before downloading any forms, please check MyJSU under the Financial Aid Status or Eligibility Section to see which forms you'll need to complete your financial aid file. If you do not know how to check MyJSU, please click FAQ & Hints. The following forms are in PDF, DOC or RTF formats.
Types of Forms
**The first step to apply for Federal Financial Aid is to complete the 2016-2017 FAFSA.**
The JSU Office of Student Financial Services uses electronic form submission via MyJSU. If a student does not wish to submit the required forms electronically, paper forms are available in the JSU Office of Student Financial Services during business hours.
A student must be admitted before submitting electronic forms. A student who has earned credit at JSU, but has not attended JSU within a year will need to update his/her admission status, please scroll to the Prospective, New and Update Status Student Instructions.
Admitted Student Instructions
- Log into MyJSU
- Click 'Financial Aid'
- Click 'Financial Aid Status'
- Choose '2016-2017 Financial Aid Year'
- Choose 'unsatisfied requirements'
- Click on each form and follow the provided instructions for electronic submission.
Prospective, New and Update Student Status Instructions
If you have not been admitted to JSU or need to update your admissions status, please follow the instructions below to begin the process:
- If you will be seeking an Undergraduate Bachelor's Degree, please click here for more information.
- If you will be seeking a Graduate Master's or Doctoral Degree, please click here for more information.
- If you are a student who has earned JSU credit, but have not attended in a year, please click here for more information.
Upload of Additional Documents
Admitted students may upload additional required or requested documents via our secure electronic service exchange software. To upload documents such as IRS Tax Return Transcripts, Driver's License, etc to the link listed below, the student's MyJSU login is required. If a student does not wish to upload the required forms electronically, paper copies may be mailed to the JSU Office of Student Financial Services.
Acceptable file types: PDF or JPG. Maximum size 2 MB.
Forms that cannot be submitted electronically
The following forms may be downloaded, printed, completed and returned to the JSU Office of Student Financial Services. In most cases, these forms may be brought, mailed or faxed to the Office. Please check MyJSU before downloading any form. If a form is required to complete your financial aid file, please read the instructions carefully as some forms may not be faxed due to the U.S. Department of Education's Federal Financial Aid Regulations.
File Update Request Form
Identity and Statement of Educational Purpose
- This form must be mailed or completed in the Office of Student Financial Services in person.
Less than Half Time/Withdrawal Information Form
Orphan or Ward of the Court Form
Parent PLUS Denial Options Form
Privacy Release Form
Proof of U.S. Citizenship Form
Proof of Eligible Non-Citizen Form
Special Circumstance Form - Dependent
Special Circumstance Form - Independent
TEACH Grant Application
- This application must first go to the Teacher Service Center or Graduate Studies (depending upon your degree) for initial certification. Upon receipt of this application after the initial certification, the Office of Student Financial Services will be unable to proceed with processing until after the grades are posted for the Summer 2015 term.
Total and Permanent Disability Cancellation Form
Graduate/Doctoral Students - Graduate PLUS Loan Online Application
- Federal Financial Aid eligibility must be exhausted prior to application.
2016-2017 FINANCIAL AID POLICIES & INFORMATION
2016-2017 Satisfactory Academic Progress and Appeals Policy
2016-2017 Financial Aid Award Offer Information Letter
Federal Return to Title IV Policy
Register to Vote
2016-2017 Parent PLUS Denial Options Form
2016-2017 Parent PLUS Title IV Form
2016-2017 Parent PLUS Instructions
2015-2016 Parent PLUS Denial Options Form
2015-2016 Parent PLUS Title IV Form