Code of Conduct
The staff of Jacksonville State University Office of Student Financial Services and Scholarships is committed to the highest standards of professional conduct. We are members of NASFAA, The National Association of Student Financial Aid Administrators and follow their code of conduct.
An institutional financial aid professional is expected to always maintain exemplary standards of professional conduct in carrying out his or her responsibilities, specifically including all dealings with any entities involved in any manner in student financial aid, regardless of whether such entities are involved in a government sponsored, subsidized, or regulated activity. In doing so, the Office of Student Financial Services at Jacksonville State University is bound by the following:
- Refrain from taking any action for his or her personal benefit.
- Refrain from taking any action he or she believes is contrary to law, regulations, or the best interests of the students and parents he or she serves.
- Ensure that the information he or she provides is accurate, unbiased, and does not reflect any preference arising from actual or potential personal gain.
- Be objective in making decisions and advising his or her institution regarding relationships with any entity involved in any aspect of student financial aid.
- Refrain from soliciting or accepting anything of other than nominal value from any entity (other than an institution of higher education or a governmental entity such as the U.S. Department of Education) involved in the making, holding, consolidating or processing of any student loans, including anything of value (including reimbursement of expenses) for serving on an advisory body or as part if a training activity of or sponsored by any such entity.
- Refrain from accepting staffing assistance from any lender, except under certain limited circumstances specified in statute and regulation
- Disclose to his or her institution, in such manner as his or her institution may prescribe, any involvement with or interest in any entity in involved in any aspect of student financial aid.
- Failure to comply with this policy will lead to disciplinary action.