The Bursar's Office is responsible for:
- Accepting payments for student accounts made by cash, check, money order, MasterCard, Visa or Discover. Students may access their account and make payments through MyJSU.
- Student account refunds.
- Billing student account receivables.
- Collections for delinquent student accounts.
- Collections for returned checks.
- Billing and collection for Logan Walker Loans.
- Depositing funds received from University Departments.
News & Announcements
Spring 2014 Refunds:
Electronic Direct Deposit (EDD) will begin January 21, 2014, and check distribution will begin on January 27, 2014, for all students whose financial aid is ready for disbursement. Please refer to your MyJSU for your refund status.
Log into My.JSU and choose View Account/Make Payment and set up your eRefund account no later than January 13, 2014, in order to receive future refunds electronically.
Get Your Student Refund Faster with Electronic Direct Deposit
JSU offers Electronic Direct Deposit (EDD) of student account refunds. For timely receipt of your student account refund, you will need to sign up for EDD through My.JSU no later than the last day to drop/add or make payment for each semester. Refer to our Refund Policies for instructions on how to sign up today. (Please note, Parent Plus Refunds are not eligible for Electronic Direct Deposit.)
Checks for those not enrolled in EDD, are distributed to the campus mail center on the published refund dates each semester.
Follow these instructions and sign up today to receive phone or text notifications from JSU!
- Log on to My.JSU (http://my.jsu.edu/).
- Look under Students Links (far left column).
- Click on Contact Information.
- Look for Mailing Address.
- Under Mailing Address Phones, click on Primary.
- Look for Primary Phone Number For This Address.
- Enter the number at which you wish to receive phone calls regarding personalized notifications from JSU. This number can be a cell phone number, home number or parent's number.
- To receive text messages: Under Phone Type, select Cell Phone from the drop down menu.
- Enter the phone number at which you would like to receive text messages. **To receive text messages, the cell phone must be SMS-enabled. JSU does not charge you to receive text messsages, but standard messaging rates from your carrier may apply. Optional: You may also enter a second cell phone number if you wish to receive text messages at another number (i.e. a parent's number).
- Click Submit.
All 1098-T forms were sent to the students mailing address of record by January 31, 2014. This information is also available through the students MyJSU by following these instructions:
- Self Service Banner
- Student and Financial Aid
- Student Account
- Tax Notification
- Enter Year (i.e., 2012)
- Click Submit
Jacksonville State University will now convert checks received through the mail and in person to an electronic Automated Clearing House (ACH) transaction. When paying by check, either in person or by mail, you authorize JSU to use the account information found on your check to make an electronic fund transfer for the specified amount or if necessary to process the payment as a check.