Payment of tuition, university housing, residential dining program charge, student ID fee, and parking decal fees are part of the registration process known as "confirming your schedule." Payment or "Payment Plan" participation is required before each semester's registration is complete (confirmed). Any charges from a prior semester must be paid before your enrollment will be confirmed.
1. JSU does not mail registration statements. Students may view their registration charges at http://my.jsu.edu. Payment must be received according to the following terms or your registration will be canceled:
Pay semester charges with a check or money order by mail; with cash, check, money order; with VISA, MasterCard, or Discover in person at the cashier window located on the second floor of Bibb Graves Hall, or via the web through MyJSU. Your complete payment must be in the Bursar's Office no later than the published due date. A check returned for insufficient funds is a serious matter and can lead to legal action.
IMPORTANT: A POSTMARK IS NOT ACCEPTABLE FOR MEETING YOUR PAYMENT DEADLINE. Your complete payment must be in the Bursar's Office no later than the published due date.
2. You are responsible for paying any prior balances by the published due date. If you fail to do so, your classes will be canceled.
3. Pre-payments are based on the tuition charges, housing charges, and/or semester fees at the time of payment, but are subject to change. You are responsible for paying any increases in charges by the published due date. If you fail to do so, your classes will be canceled.
Tuition for course(s) added after the original due date is due by the last day of registration for the semester to retain the course(s).
Tuition for course(s) dropped will be refunded at 100% if the drop occurs by the last day to register for the semester. There is no refund for course(s) dropped after the last day to register for the semester.
1. Tuition will be refunded as follows if withdrawing from the university for the Fall or Spring Semesters
2. Tuition will be refunded as follows if withdrawing from the university for any term during the Summer Semester.
3. Students who withdraw while on Financial Aid may have to repay a proportionate amount of aid received, which may result in a balance owed to the University. Please contact the Office of Student Financial Services or the Bursar's Office for more details. All remaining charges are due and payable upon dropping of a course or withdrawing from the university.
4. Please contact housing for residence hall refund policy.
In the event a student fails to satisfy a financial obligation to the University and the debt is referred to an outside attorney or agency for collection, in addition to the debt (principal plus applicable interest), the student will be responsible for all costs, charges and expenses incurred by the University, including attorney's fees and/or collection agency fees and expenses, not to exceed thirty-three and 1/3 percent (33.3%) of the debt, plus litigation expenses and court costs, if applicable. Debts owed the University may be referred out for collection as accounts or, where litigation has concluded, as judgments. Delinquent accounts may accrue interest at the contract rate or, where none is stated, at the maximum rate allowed by Alabama law. Any judgment obtained in favor of the University will accrue interest at the rate set by Alabama law for unpaid judgments. By providing your telephone number to JSU, you agree and give express consent that the University or anyone working on their behalf, including third party vendors, may contact you at the number provided by manually dialing the number or by using automated dialing technology.
NOTE: Students are reminded that the term DROP refers to the dropping of part, but not all, of the course work in a semester; WITHDRAWAL refers to ending enrollment in all classes at JSU for the semester.
JSU now offers Electronic Direct Deposit (EDD). For timely receipt of your student account refund, you will need to sign up for Electronic Direct Deposit (EDD) through MyJSU. View "Refund Policy" for instructions.