Transient Request

Important Information About Earning Transient Credit

JSU students who are eligible to take classes at JSU may attend a regionally accredited College or university as transient students to take acceptable course work. Students must have written approval from the Registrar’s Office prior to enrolling at another college. Students should note: (1) Course equivalencies should be checked with the JSU Registrar’s Office. Students must have met the prerequisites for the requested course and must not have already earned credit for all or part of the requested course. (2) Students who are dually enrolled with JSU and another institution must abide by the JSU course load policy.(3) Students attending a junior/community college must earn 60-64 semester hours from a senior institution. (4) Students must request an official transcript be sent to the JSU Registrar’s Office when course work is complete. (5) Transient courses are not used in calculating degree gpa and institutional honors.

Helpful Links:

STARS Guide -Transfer Articulation for Alabama Public Two-year Schools

JSU Course Catalogue

Fill out my online form.