The Registrar's Office will be closed on December 16, 2022 for Fall 2022 Commencement.
Transcripts with Fall 2022 final grades or Fall 2022 degrees posted will be available after 3:00 PM on December 21, 2022.
A transcript is a record of your GPA, cumulative earned credits, and course and grade history at JSU. The transcript also shows courses and examination credits from other institutions that have been accepted for transfer credit. Current or active students may view and print unofficial transcripts from the MY JSU site.
- Official transcripts are issued by the University Registrar's Office and bear the University Seal and Registrar Signature.
- Official transcripts are not processed if you have an outstanding obligation, financial or otherwise. If your hold has not been cleared within thirty days of submission of your transcript request (or you fail to notify the Office of the Registrar that your hold has been lifted within thirty days of submission of your transcript request), your request will be cancelled and you will need to submit a new request once your hold has been lifted.
- Transcripts cannot be ordered by phone. A hand written signature is required for the release of transcripts.
Background Investigators: There are two ways to obtain a transcript for a current/former student:
- You may request transcripts in person by coming to the Registrar's Office located at Room 113 Angle Hall. Office hours are Monday thru Friday, 8 am to 4:30 pm. In Person transcript requests are $12.00 per copy. We accept cash, check, Mastercard, Visa, or Discover for payment. A photo ID is required.
- Ask current/former student to submit a request for an electronic official transcript, which can be emailed to you directly. Information about requesting an electronic official transcript to our office can be found below.
Official Transcript Requests
Online transcript requests are $10.00 per copy
JSU has authorized the National Student Clearinghouse to provide transcript ordering via the internet. To order a transcript, login to the Clearinghouse secure site.
If you need help or have questions about the National Student Clearinghouse's transcript ordering service, contact them via e-mail at email@example.com or phone 703-742-7791.
In Person transcript requests are $12.00 per copy
You may request transcripts in person by coming to the Registrar's Office located at Room 113 Angle Hall. Office hours are Monday thru Friday, 8 am to 4:30 pm. We accept cash, check, Mastercard, Visa, or Discover for payment. A photo ID is required. Transcripts can be released to a third party as specified by the student on an emailed Third Party Release Form.
Unofficial Transcript Requests
All transcripts issued are official. No unofficial transcripts will be issued by the Office of the Registrar. Current students may view and print their unofficial transcript through their MyJSU account under their Student Profile.