Incomplete Grade Extension Request Form

Students wishing to request an extension for an “Incomplete” or “I” grade must complete the following steps:

  • Discuss with their instructor the request for extension of an Incomplete grade.
  • Fill out the Incomplete Grade Extension Request Form
    • Please Note: This form is used to request an extension for an Incomplete grade for only one course. Students needing to request multiple extensions for multiple courses should submit one form for each requested extension.

Additional Information:

  • All incomplete grade extension forms must be submitted to the Registrar prior to the last day of finals in the fall and spring semesters.
  • The instructor and Department Head (and Dean of Graduate Studies, if senior privilege or faster master’s) must approve an Incomplete extension before the Registrar processes the request.
  • If at any time the instructor is not available, the appropriate department head and/or academic dean of the course will represent the instructor’s interest.
  • All Incomplete grade extensions for all courses, including those not required, must be completed prior to a degree being awarded. Otherwise, the grade of "I" will be converted to "F" for the degree GPA to be calculated.