Incomplete Grade Completion Plan Form
Students wishing to request a grade of “Incomplete” or “I” for a course must complete the following steps:
- To be eligible you must be passing the course after the last day to drop from the current term.
- Discuss with their instructor a completion plan for the requested Incomplete grade.
- Fill out the Incomplete Grade Completion Plan Form
- Please Note: This form is used to request an Incomplete grade for only one course. Students needing to request multiple Incomplete grades for multiple courses should submit one form for each course.
- Coursework for a grade of “I” must be completed within the next major (fall or spring) semester.
- Once the student has completed all coursework requirements for a grade of “I,” the instructor submits a grade change to the Registrar’s Office. The Registrar then notifies the student of the grade change.
- Students who are approved for an “I” in a course should not register for the course again.
- Failure to complete coursework requirements within the established time frame will result in a grade of “F” being assigned or grades of “I” will roll to “F” on the day grades are due in each term.
- If at any time the instructor is not available, the appropriate department head and/or academic dean of the course will represent the instructor’s interest.
- All Incomplete grades for all courses, including those not required, must be completed prior to a degree being awarded. Otherwise, the grade of "I" will be converted to "F" for the degree GPA to be calculated.