Incomplete Grade Completion Plan Form

Students wishing to request a grade of “Incomplete” or “I” for a course must complete the following steps:

  • To be eligible you must be passing the course after the last day to drop from the current term.
  • Discuss with their instructor a completion plan for the requested Incomplete grade.
  • Fill out the Incomplete Grade Completion Plan Form
    • Please Note: This form is used to request an Incomplete grade for only one course. Students needing to request multiple Incomplete grades for multiple courses should submit one form for each course.

Additional Information:

  • Coursework for a grade of “I” must be completed within the next major (fall or spring) semester.
  • Once the student has completed all coursework requirements for a grade of “I,” the instructor submits a grade change to the Registrar’s Office. The Registrar then notifies the student of the grade change.
  • Students who are approved for an “I” in a course should not register for the course again.
  • Failure to complete coursework requirements within the established time frame will result in a grade of “F” being assigned or grades of “I” will roll to “F” on the day grades are due in each term.
  • If at any time the instructor is not available, the appropriate department head and/or academic dean of the course will represent the instructor’s interest.
  • All Incomplete grades for all courses, including those not required, must be completed prior to a degree being awarded. Otherwise, the grade of "I" will be converted to "F" for the degree GPA to be calculated.