Tutorials and Guides
- Accessing Canvas
- Canvas Instructor Guide (Text/Images)
- Canvas Quick Start Guide for Students
- Canvas Video Guide for Instructors (by Canvas)
- Canvas Tutorial Videos by Online@JSU - must be logged into your GEM Outlook Email Account
- Canvas Basics - Assignments, Discussions, & Quizzes (recorded Teams workshop)
- Creating Modules and Accessible Content (recorded Teams workshop)
Canvas Course Enrollment Merge - Please review this information to learn more about which course sections are eligible for this configuration.
Canvas Course Copy - Re-use of certain content from term to term is part of the typical course preparation process for faculty. These step-by-step instructions provide important details for instructors wanting to complete this process themselves. Included are instructions for requesting assistance from Online@JSU.
Faculty Beginning of Term Procedures for Canvas Courses - A few important steps to ensure courses are ready for students.
Exam Proctoring - Honorlock is JSU's online remote proctoring solution integrated into Canvas. This is a student-pay solution, but the cost is minimal per course.
- Kaltura Video Platform
- KMS GO Tutorial for Faculty (Mobile App) - PDF
- KMS Go Tutorial for Students (Mobile App) - PDF
- MediaSpace by Kaltura (Public Kaltura Video Portal)
- MediaSpace is a public video portal by Kaltura. However, some videos have restricted access and instructors must log into the site to view certain videos. To login:
- Step 1: Click on the "Guest" link at the top left of the page.
- Step 2: Click on the "Login" link.
- Step 3: Log in using your MyJSU credentials.
- Enable Kaltura My Media & Enable Kaltura Media Gallery in Canvas (Video)
- Kaltura Walkthrough Video Playlist by Kaltura
- Download the Kaltura Personal Capture App (Video)
- Embed a Kaltura Video in Canvas New Rich Content Editor (Video)
- Ordering Machine Captioning in Kaltura (Video)
- Kaltura Media Platform (Fall 2020) - Video
- Setting Up a Canvas Course to Use Microsoft Teams
- Teams Video Tutorials from Microsoft
- Create a Teams Meeting through Outlook Calendar - Video
- Create a Teams Meeting through Teams Calendar - Video
- Download the Teams App to Your Computer - Video
- How to Use New Presenter View (January 2021) - Video
- Teams Features (January 2021) - Video
- Top New Features (January 2021) - Video
- Teams for Students - Text/Images