234 Ayers Hall
Eric Gamess got his PhD in Computer Science from the Central University of Venezuela. He has been working in important universities in South America and the USA, such as “Universidad del Valle” (Cali, Colombia), the Central University of Venezuela (Caracas Venezuela), and the University of Puerto Rico (Rio Piedras and Mayaguez, Puerto Rico). He is currently working as a professor in the Department of Mathematical, Computing, and Information Sciences at Jacksonville State University (JSU), Jacksonville, Alabama. He has been in the organization and program committees of several national and international conferences. He is the editor of 22 proceedings of conferences in the field of Computer Science, and has been acting as the director of the Venezuelan Journal of Computing since July 2012. He has published almost 70 papers in international conferences and peer-reviewed journals. His research interest is focused in network performance evaluation, IPv6, cybersecurity, network simulation, vehicular networking, Internet of Things, and parallel processing.
• CS230: Fundamentals of Computing
• CS231: Computer Programming I
• CS232: Computer Programming II
• CS307: Management of Information Security and Forensics
• CS450: Computer Networking
• CS470: Computer Security
• CS547: Wireless Networking and Security
• CS570: Advanced Computer Security
• 1989: Engineering Degree in Automatics, Computer Science, and Electronics, National Institute of Applied Sciences (INSA), Toulouse, France.
• 1989: Master of Science in Industrial Computing, National Institute of Applied Sciences (INSA), Toulouse, France.
• 2000: PhD in Computer Science, Central University of Venezuela, Caracas, Venezuela.
• Director of the Venezuelan Journal of Computing
• Vice-president of the Venezuelan Society of Computing
• Member of the steering committee of the ACM Southeast Conference
• Leader of the Center of Academic Excellence in Cyber Defense Education (CAE-CD) at JSU
• Coordinator of the Master of Science in Computer Systems and Software Design (CSSD)