Information for Transfer Students
Students wishing to transfer to JSU should complete the JSU Graduate Application for Admission and then, if accepted, request transfer credit to JSU. (Access a Previously Started Application)
Steps to Transfer Credit
- Complete and submit a Transfer Credit Request form, listing the course(s) you wish to transfer.
- Request an official transcript from the institution where the credit was earned be sent to Graduate Certification (if it has not already been sent with your application for admission):
Jacksonville State University
700 Pelham Road North
Jacksonville, Alabama 36265-1602
- Email course descriptions for courses requested on your transfer credit request to your Graduate Program Specialist:
College of Education and Professional Studies, Department of Kinesiology, and Department of Music:
Julie Maddox, Graduate Program Specialist
Room 322, Angle Hall
Phone: (256) 782-5327
College of Arts and Humanities (minus Department of Music), College of Business and Industry,College of Health Professions and Wellness (minus Department of Kinesiology), College of Social and Behavioral Sciences, and College of Science and Mathematics:
LaRilda VanSandt, Senior Graduate Program Specialist
Room 322, Angle Hall
Phone: (256) 782-5345
Evaluation of Transfer Credit
- Evaluation of transfer credit is made by the appropriate department of the student’s major and approved by Graduate Studies. A student intending to enroll at another institution and transfer a course(s) to JSU, must receive approval of the course work prior to enrolling in the course to ensure the course will be accepted for inclusion in the student’s program of study.
- Transfer credit cannot be used to raise the GPA of JSU coursework to the required minimum GPA of any major, teacher certification program, or graduate certificate program.
- Only graduate courses with grades A, B, P, and S may be transferred to JSU. Grades of C or below will not be eligible for transfer.
- Transfer credit must meet Time Limits as stated in the Graduate Catalog.
- Please see the Graduate Catalog for complete information on transfer credit.