Remember, your JSU Police would rather be called and not needed than needed and not called.
- Remain calm. Keep away from the suspicious person(s) or activity and avoid taking any risks. Notify the JSU Police Department. If you are on campus and using a university phone, call 5050. If you are away from campus, dial 911.
- Give your name, address, and phone number in case the university police need to contact you for more information later. If you prefer, you can remain anonymous.
- Tell the police whether the crime is in progress or has already been completed. (If you see a crime in progress, report it immediately. If you wait, the police will have a much more difficult time apprehending the suspect).
- Be prepared to give a description of what happened (time, place, was anyone injured, etc.) and a description of the suspect (sex, age, race, weight, distinctive characteristics).
- A description of any vehicle(s) involved, license plate number if possible, time and direction of escape
- Additional details and circumstances (if any).
Crime Prevention is everyone's business. Report suspicious behavior immediately to the JSU Police Department. Suspicious behavior on campus can also be reported using one of the several red emergency phones on campus. Just push the button and you will be connected directly to a dispatcher at the JSU Police Department.
Please visit http://www.dhs.gov/files/reportincidents/see-something-say-something.shtm to view the Department of Homeland Security's "If you see something, say something" public service announcement.