Jacksonville State University’s Dual Enrollment Program offers robust courses to be counted for high school and college credits. Courses are offered concurrently at partner high schools, online, and on JSU’s campus. We have staff specific to our dual enrollment program who can schedule appointments with your school to assist any student interested in taking dual enrollment courses. Depending on the visitation policy and safety measures in place at your school, our staff can offer a virtual or in-person meeting.
Information for High School Counselors
For a complete list of requirements for First Time Freshmen, review the Admissions Procedures in the Undergraduate Catalog.
- Student must complete the JSU admissions application.
- Student must submit the required $35 application fee.*
- Student must request official high school transcripts to be sent directly from a school administrator. Transcripts may be mail, emailed to email@example.com, or sent via an electronic service (Parchment, Send.edu, etc.)
- We ask that you please submit one transcript through the junior year when a student applies for admission and a final transcript after the student graduates. Jacksonville State University requires the date of graduation and final GPA on the final transcript. JSU will accept ACT/SAT test scores from the official high school transcript.
*Application Fee Waivers - JSU will accept requests to waive the $35 admissions application fee for first year students who have a financial need. Requests including ACT/CollegeBoard fee waivers, NACAC fee waivers, and letters/emails from a high school administrator or counselor will be accepted. Students may complete an admissions application and select that they will request a fee waiver before submitting their application. Documentation of that request will be added as a supplemental item to complete the application. Students applying from Title I schools will automatically have their application fee waived.
A student is eligible to be a part of the Dual Enrollment program if he or she meets the following requirements:
- 10th, 11th or 12th grade student
- 3.0 high school GPA on a 4.0 scale
- Completed High School Authorization Form
Upcoming Events & Important Dates
August 11, 2022 - August 1, 2023
Fall 2023 Preferred Admissions Application Period
September 1, 2022 - February 1, 2023
2023-2024 Competitive Scholarship Application Period
October 1, 2022 - April 1, 2023
Fall 2023 Preferred Housing Application Period
October 1, 2022 & November 12, 2022
Fall Preview Days