Dr. Paige McKerchar
202 Ayers Hall
Office phone: (256) 782-5808
PSY 222 Human Development
Service and Professional Interests
- Dr. McKerchar is the Director of the Center for Behavioral Studies, the mission of which is to support faculty research addressing issues of global importance, while concurrently training JSU students and providing the community with applied behavior analysis services for individuals with special needs. Dr. McKerchar also serves as the Executive Director of the Alabama Association for Behavior Analysis (ALABA), and regularly participates in events hosted by the Association for Behavior Analysis International (ABAI) and the Association of Professional Behavior Analysts (ABPA). Additionally, she frequently serves as a reviewer for the Journal of Applied Behavior Analysis and is a former member of the editorial board for Behavior Analysis in Practice.
- B.S. University of Florida (Psychology), 1998
- M.A. University of Kansas (Human Development), 2002
- Ph.D. University of Kansas (Behavioral Psychology), 2006
- Licensed Behavior Analyst, AL
- Doctoral-level Board Certified Behavior Analyst
- McKerchar, P. M., & Abby, L. (2012). Systematic evaluation of variables that contribute to noncompliance: A replication and extension. Journal of Applied Behavior Analysis, 45, 607-611
- Thompson, R. H., Cotnoir-Bichelman, N. M., McKerchar, P. M., Tate, T. L., & Dancho, K. A. (2007). Enhancing early communication through infant sign training. Journal of Applied Behavior Analysis, 40, 15-23.
- Cote, C. A., Thompson, R. H., Hanley, G. P., & McKerchar, P. M. (2007). Teacher report and direct assessment of preferences for identifying reinforcers for young children. Journal of Applied Behavior Analysis, 40, 157-166.
- Cotnoir-Bichelman, N. M., Thompson, R. H., McKerchar, P. M., & Haremza, J. L. (2006). Training student teachers to reposition infants frequently. Journal of Applied Behavior Analysis, 39, 489-494.
- Cote, C. A., Thompson, R. H., & McKerchar, P. M. (2005). The effects of antecedent interventions and extinction on toddler compliance with transitions. Journal of Applied Behavior Analysis, 38, 235-238.
- Tate, T. L., Thompson, R. H., & McKerchar, P. M. (2005). Training teachers in an infant classroom to use embedded teaching strategies. Education and Treatment of Children, 28, 206-221.
- Thompson, R. H., McKerchar, P. M., & Dancho, K. A. (2004). The effects of delayed physical prompts and reinforcement on infant sign language development. Journal of Applied Behavior Analysis, 37, 379-383.
- McKerchar, P. M., & Thompson, R. H. (2004). A descriptive analysis of potential reinforcement contingencies in the preschool classroom. Journal of Applied Behavior Analysis, 37, 431-443.