Rachel Wooten, DNP, RN
Assistant Professor, Coordinator of Undergraduate Nursing Programs
JSU South Complex, Office 244
Dr. Wooten is from Albertville, Alabama and has been a professor at JSU since 2017. During Dr. Wooten's pursuit of education, she practiced as a bedside obstetrical nurse for 16 years. Previously, Dr. Wooten taught obstetrical and pediatric content in an ADN program for 4 years. Since joining the JSU team in 2017, Dr. Wooten has taught pharmacology in JSU’s traditional BSN program and leadership/management and professional roles courses in the STEP program.
- STEP-Leadership & Management
- STEP-Professional Roles & Issues
Issues with underserved populations including obstetrical and pediatric clients.
- Northeast Alabama Community College, ADN, 1997
- Jacksonville State University, BSN, 2008
- Jacksonville State University, MSN in Community Health, 2012
- Samford University, Doctorate of Nursing Practice in Administration, 2019