Laura Pruitt Walker, DHEd, MSN, RN, CNE, COI
Professor of Nursing/MSN Program Coordinator
Dr. Laura Pruitt Walker is from Southside, Alabama and has been a faculty member at JSU since 2008. She has expert experience in mental health nursing and nursing education. Dr. Walker is dedicated to nursing research, faculty development and student success and focuses much of her scholarship in these areas.
- Issues and Trends in Nursing Education
- Practicum in Collegiate Nursing Education
- Population Health Nursing I and II
- Transcultural Nursing
- Theories in Nursing
- Nursing Research
- MSN Orientation
- MSN Independent Study
- Interprofessional Healthcare and Informatics
- Scientific Underpinnings of Advanced Nursing Practice
- Organizational and Systems Leadership for the Advanced Practice Nurse
- Evidence-based Practice and Quality Improvement
- Psychiatric Mental Health Nursing
- A Bridge to Success
This is a listing of some published articles.
- Helms, K. D., Walker, L. P., & Barrow, L. E. (2020). Taking the PULSE on Student Satisfaction in an Online Graduate Nursing Program. International Journal of Nursing and Health Care Research, 3 (7), 1-6.
- Helms, K. D., Walker, L. P. (2020). The New GOALS (Graduate Orientation and Leadership Series). International Journal of Nursing and Health Care Research, 3 (3), 6 pages.
- Helms, K. D., Keith, L. A., Walker, L. P. (2019). Collaborative Testing in a Psychiatric Mental Health Nursing Course. Journal of Doctoral Nursing Practice, 12 (1 April 2019).
- Helms, K. D., Walker, L. P. (2018). Cultivating Perceived Self Efficacy Through a Flipped Classroom Approach to Teaching and Learning. International Journal of Nursing and Health Care Research, 2018 (2), 6 pages.
- Walker, L. P., Helms, K. D. (2018). A Pilot Study: Promoting Understanding and Peer Success (PUPS) in the Campus Community. Building Healthy Academic Communities Journal, 2(1/2018), 25-35.
- Walker, L. P. (2016). A Bridge to Success: A Nursing Student Success Strategies Improvement Course. Journal of Nursing Education, 55(8), 450-453.
- Helms, K. D., Walker, L. P. (2015). Incorporating the QSEN Competency on Evidence-based Practice in a Mental Health Clinical Rotation. Journal of Nursing Education, 54(4), 232-234.
- Gadsden State Community College, ADN, 1996
- Jacksonville State University, BSN, 2006
- Jacksonville State University, MSN, 2007
- A.T. Still University, DHEd, 2010