Cheryl Emich, DNP, CRNP, ANP-BC
JSU South Complex
Dr. Emich earned her BSN from JSU in 1988, her MSN from UAB in 1995, and her DNP from UAH in 2019. She has been a practicing NP since 1995 and most of her experience has been in cardiovascular care. Dr. Emich has been teaching graduate nursing students since 2013. Dr. Emich volunteers as an NP with Remote Area Medical providing care to uninsured and underserved populations in the southeastern U.S. Dr. Emich and her husband, who is retired from the U.S. Air Force, live in Huntsville, AL. They have two adult children.
- DNP 796 - DNP Project Planning and Development
- DNP 797 - DNP Clinical Residency I
- DNP 798 - DNP Clinical Residency II
- DNP 799 - DNP Clinical Residency III
- NU 520 - Advanced Pharmacology
- ANP 669 - Clinical Practicum 1
- ANP 677 - Clinical Practicum IV
- ANP 67 - Health Promotions
- Emich, C., and Lakin, T.(March 2022) Innovative interprofessional learning for nurse practitioner students. Alabama League for Nursing Annual Conference 2022. Birmingham, Alabama.
- Emich, C. (2021). Teaching evidence-based practice piece by PEACE. International Journal of Nursing Education Scholarship, 18 (1). https://doi.org/10.1515/ijnes-2020-0094
- Emich, C., O’Keefe, L., Steuber, T., Smalligan, R., Adams, M. (2019, April). Building an interprofessional partnership: Lessons learned. Poster presented at National Organization of Nurse Practitioner Faculty 45th Annual Conference, Atlanta, GA.
- Emich, C. (2018). Conceptualizing collaboration in nursing. Nursing Forum, 53(4), 567–573. doi:10.1111/nuf.12287
- Emich C, Baker J, Harrison L, Lee Y. (2016). Managing Caregiver’s Expectations for Patients with Alzheimer’s Disease. The Deep South CME Network, UAB Division of CME, Geriatric-Focused CME Courses.
- Emich, C. (2017, May 11). Faculty development: Teamwork skills. Podium presentation at the 13th Annual Nursing Faculty Development Workshop, Lexington, KY.
- Emich, C. (2017, March). Integration of Interprofessional Education in Nurse Practitioner Education. Podium presentation at the 2017 Annual Alabama League of Nursing Conference. Birmingham, Alabama.
- White-Williams C, Jalowiec A, Grady K, Blood M, Hiros C, Binns-Turner P, Fazekas S. (1995, November). Predictors of functional status 3 months after heart transplantation Abstract presented at the American Heart Association 68th Scientific Session, Anaheim CA
- 1988 BSN Jacksonville State University
- 1995 MSN University of Alabama in Birmingham
- 2019 DNP University of Alabama in Huntsville