Trustees Pass Resolutions Honoring Alumni, Faculty and Retirees
by Buffy Lockette
The JSU Board of Trustees passed five resolutions on Jan. 25 honoring several individuals for their support of the university. During its quarterly meeting, the following retirees, alumni and faculty were recognized.
- The late Dr. Louise Clark - who spent more than 50 years on faculty, mostly as associate dean for the College of Business and Industry - was remembered for her dedication to the university. The “Dr. Louise Clark Advising Center” has been named in Merrill Hall in her honor.
- JSU retirees Dr. Kelly and Karen Gregg were honored for their support of the university. Dr. Gregg, a former professor of geography and geology, and Mrs. Gregg, retired certification officer, continue to serve in the JSU Steel Drum Band. The “Dr. Kelly and Karen Gregg Loading Dock” in Mason Hall has been named in their honor.
- Evan Ledford, a 1988 JSU alumnus, was honored for his generous support of the Dr. David L. Walters Department of Music. Mason Hall practice room No. 238 will be named the “Evan Ledford Practice Room” in his honor.
- The late Dr. Claudia McDade, director emerita of JSU Learning Services, was honored for her 35 years of service to the university. The “Dr. Claudia McDade Student Success Outdoor Learning Center” has been named in her memory.
- James Loring White, a 1978 JSU alumnus, and his wife, Debbie, were recognized for their generous contributions to JSU Athletics. The football performance center at JSU Stadium has been renamed “The Loring and Debbie White Football Performance Center” in honor of the couple.
For more information on campus naming opportunities, contact University Development at 256-782-5003.