Strategic Self-defense & Gunfighting Tactics Level 2
The Northeast Alabama Law Enforcement Academy will host the Strategic Self-Defense and Gunfighting Tactics for Law Enforcement Officers. The course will begin at 8:00 a.m. at the Academy. Triad Martial Arts, Inc. will teach the course. The Instructor is Johnny Smith. The program will enhance the current self-defense tactics that the officer has mastered.
As a Defensive Tactics System for Criminal Justice, Military Police and Security Officers, Strategic Self-defense & Gunfighting Tactics (SSGT) is dedicated to practical, effective and court defensible techniques. This system is a leader in addressing the most serious situations officers face in the line of duty. SSGT addresses these situations with the use of objectively reasonable force. This is a tactically documented system with an organized method of instruction, addressing both officer and subject safety.
SSGT Vanguard is an updated version of our flagship program. This program is designed for those who want a complete defensive tactics system. The Vanguard Program is divided into two levels of instruction; soon to be three.
SSGT Vanguard Level Two 40-hour Instructor Course Objectives
Prerequisite - Must be a Certified Level One Instructor.
By the end of this course, a certified SSGT Vanguard Level Two Instructor will be qualified to:
- Teach officers about the objectively reasonable use of force, the effects and mitigation of survival stress and the principles of defensive tactics.
- Teach officers the proper application of pressure points for the purpose of subject control and compliance.
- Teach officers the proper method and procedure for applying escort and transport techniques as well as escort and transport takedowns.
- Teach officers how to properly deploy, apply and remove handcuffs from various tactical positions.
- Teach officers to properly utilize strikes and counterstrikes for the purpose of self-defense and subject control.
- Teach officers holstered handgun retention techniques while standing.
- Teach officers holstered handgun retention techniques when the struggle is on the ground.
- Teach officers drawn handgun retention techniques while standing.
- Teach officers drawn handgun retention techniques when the struggle is on the ground.
- Teach officers long gun disarming techniques.
- Teach officers long gun retention techniques.
- Teach officers handgun disarming techniques.
- Teach officers how to properly deploy, apply and retain an impact weapon.
- Instill self-confidence in the officer's ability to defend him/herself against an attack.
- .Certify law enforcement officers in the SSGT Vanguard Level Two Twenty-four- (24-) hour Student Course.
These preceding objectives will reduce the possibility of a Certified Student or Instructor using excessive force in controlling a subject, thus reducing liability.
SSGT Vanguard Level Two 40-hour Instructor Course Breakdown
The SSGT Vanguard Level Two Instructor and Student Courses are broken down into twelve (12) categories:
- Strategic Subject Escort - escorting an unrestrained subject and taking the subject down to the ground upon resistance.
- Pressure Points - applying pressure points in an objectively reasonable manner for the purpose of subject control and compliance.
- Strategic Handcuffing & Transport - deploying and applying handcuffs to a subject in the standing, kneeling and prone positions. Also, the safe and proper transport procedure of a restrained subject.
- Strategic Frisk & Search - the safe and proper procedures for frisking and searching a subject.
- Strategic Striking - the use of personal weapon strikes to prevent or stop aggressive action in an objectively reasonable manner.
- Holstered Handgun Retention while Standing - against one- and two-handed attacks on the officers handgun from the front and rear.
- Holstered Handgun Retention while on the Ground- against one- and two-handed attacks on the officers handgun when the officer is on the ground.
- Drawn Handgun Retention while Standing - against one- and two-handed attacks on the officers handgun in standing situations.
- Drawn Handgun Retention while on the Ground - from the mounted position and side positions.
- Long Gun Retention - defending against attacks on an officer's rifle, shotgun or sub-gun.
- Long Gun Disarming - front and rear attacks.
- Handgun Disarming - front and rear attacks.
- Strategic Baton - the use of a straight or expandable baton in an objectively reasonable manner for the purpose of subject control and compliance.
This course requires pre-payment 2 weeks prior to course date to attend.
This cost of this course is $700.00.
This cost of the re-certification course is $500.00.