Governing Board of the JSU Inservice Center
According to the Code of Alabama, the JSU Regional Inservice Education Center, like all of the state's RICs, operates under the oversight and authority of an independent governing board and the Alabama State Department of Education. The Governing Board is legally charged with the following responsibilities:
1) In cooperation with the Alabama State Department of Education, determine policies for the operation of the center, including the days and hours of operation.
2) Approve programs and activities that address needs as identified by needs assessments and/or student achievement data and the plan to access the center's programs and services by its constituent schools and systems.
3) Approve the center's annual budget.
4) Approve program consultants as requested by local education agencies.
5) Delegate to the center director the authority and responsibility for the daily operation of the center, including the development and maintenance of necessary records (financial and programmatic) and the coordination of programs and activities.
6) Approve the annual report of the center's programs and activities.
The Accountability Standards for Alabama's Regional Inservice Centers also state that the current RIC Governing Board chair (or his/her designee) serves in the interview process and has a vote in the final selection of a center's director.
The current JSU Regional Inservice Center Governing Board members are:
|Chris Howard||Anniston City Schools|
|Lisa Robinson||Attalla City Schools|
|Summer Davis||Calhoun County Schools|
|Rachel Farley||Cherokee County Schools|
|Shelby Ducks||Clay County Schools|
|Amber Brown||Cleburne County Schools|
|Jason Russell||Etowah County Schools|
|Alicia Harrell||Gadsden City Schools|
|Lauri Elam||Jacksonville City Schools|
|Dr. Stacie Wolbert||Jacksonville State University|
|Dr. Michael Alvidrez||Jacksonville State University|
|Marilyn Burke||Oxford City Schools|
|Laurie Mize Henderson||Pell City Board of Education|
|Dr. Leah Stover||Pell City Schools|
|Chris Hanson||Piedmont City Schools|
|Misty Rochester||Randolph County Schools|
|Autumn Arnett||Roanoke City Schools|
|Leigh Twigg (Chair)||Alabama State Department of Education|
|Karent Rains||St. Clair County Schools|