Governing Board of the JSU Inservice Center
According to the Code of Alabama, the JSU Regional Inservice Education Center, like all of the state's RICs, operates under the oversight and authority of an independent governing board and the Alabama State Department of Education. The Governing Board is legally charged with the following responsibilities:
1) In cooperation with the Alabama State Department of Education, determine policies for the operation of the center, including the days and hours of operation.
2) Approve programs and activities that address needs as identified by needs assessments and/or student achievement data and the plan to access the center's programs and services by its constituent schools and systems.
3) Approve the center's annual budget.
4) Approve program consultants as requested by local education agencies.
5) Delegate to the center director the authority and responsibility for the daily operation of the center, including the development and maintenance of necessary records (financial and programmatic) and the coordination of programs and activities.
6) Approve the annual report of the center's programs and activities.
The Accountability Standards for Alabama's Regional Inservice Centers also state that the current RIC Governing Board chair (or his/her designee) serves in the interview process and has a vote in the final selection of a center's director.
The current JSU Regional Inservice Center Governing Board members are:
|Anniston City Schools||Ms. Jade Isman|
|Attalla City Schools||Ms. Stephanie Lett|
|Calhoun County Schools||Ms. Summer Davis|
|Cherokee County Schools||Ms. Rachel Farley|
|Clay County Schools||Ms. Shelby Duck|
|Cleburne County Schools||Ms. Amy Farr|
|Etowah County Schools||Mr. Jason Russell|
|Gadsden City Schools||Ms. Alicia Harrell|
|Jacksonville City Schools||Ms. Autumn Wilson|
|JSU||Dr. Michael Alvidrez|
|JSU||Dr. Stacie Wolbert|
|Anniston City Schools||Ms. Joan Frazier|
|Oxford City Schools||Ms. Marilyn Burke|
|Pell City Schools||Dr. Kristin Harrell|
|Piedmont City Schools||Ms. Brigett Stewart|
|Randolph County Schools||Ms. Misty Rochester|
|Roanoke City Schools||Ms. Hannah Snyder|
|ALSDE||Mrs. Leigh Twigg|
|St. Clair County Schools||Ms. Karen Rains|