Information for Current or Returning Students

Change of Major Requests

If at any time you wish to change from one major or concentration to another, you must request a Change of Major or Concentration through the JSU Change of Major Application. (Access a Previously Started Application)

You must meet the admission requirements of the newly selected major or concentration as specified in the catalog current at the time you request the change. You must be in good academic standing in your current major.

In some instances, rather than processing the change of major request, Graduate Admissions may require you to submit a new graduate application for the desired program and pay the non-refundable $35 application processing fee.

Changes of major or concentration that are approved after the start of the semester will not be effective until the next semester.

Previously Applied/Returning Student

If you have not taken classes for one calendar year, you become inactive in the JSU system. 

Please use the JSU Readmission Application to update your status and reactivate your student account.

(Access a Previously Started Application)