The SCD Program supports the JSU learning-centered mission through development of culturally sensitive collaborative teachers who develop and implement instruction differentiated for the needs of each learner.
- Class B Professional Teaching Certificate
- Collaborative strategies combined with differentiated instruction and positive behavioral support.
- Specialty courses include Assistive Technology, Methods in Autism Spectrum Disorder, and Diversity.
- Successful completion of the SCD Program qualifies teacher candidates for certification in Collaborative Special Education in K-6 and 6-12, Mild and Severe Settings.
- Specialized training in Language Essentials for Teachers of Reading and Spelling (LETRS).
- Certified Teacher of Record in Collaborative/Special Education in grades K-12
Median Annual Salary
|Special Education teacher in Alabama (Average Salary)