Returning Students

Student studying with computer and book

If you left college without finishing your degree, the integrated studies major could expedite your degree completion. The flexibility in this interdisciplinary program means that students with diverse coursework—perhaps as a result of changing majors or changing schools—can use that coursework toward a degree.

If you have been working for several years, you may also be able to use your work experience for course credit. Students interested in credit for work experience should begin by speaking to an advisor. Then, qualified students enroll in INS 300 to begin the process of gaining this credit. Details are available in the JSU Catalog.

If traditional, on-campus classes are not feasible, this degree may be beneficial to you. Many courses are available online, so that you can easily continue working while progressing to a degree.

Don't think that you will never get that degree.  Instead, contact JSU to see how quickly you can graduate as an integrated studies major.

“I found it to be very doable, and I found the university to be very user-friendly,
helpful and encouraging to a returning student. The fact that I was able to
count most of my credits after 30 years was amazing.”

-Jana Monday, INS ‘17
 Business Development at CDG Engineers and Associates

"A graduation day 30 years in the making"

“I would tell others considering returning to JSU to do so. Classes are available online, professors are flexible and guidance is available. It is worth the risk, and it’s only scary at the beginning. Take the plunge!”

-Sandra Arledge, INS '21

"Program for Returning Students Helps California Military Wife Graduate From JSU"