Applied Engineering Ambassadors
The Department of Applied Engineering at Jacksonville State University seeks excellent and enthusiastic students to serve as Applied Engineering Ambassadors. The Applied Engineering Ambassadors program provides outreach through the Department of Applied Engineering, develops the leadership skills of the Ambassadors, and provides opportunities that will lead to personal and professional growth of the Ambassadors. Applied Engineering Ambassadors are involved with activities related to recruiting, community outreach, and industry relations for the Department of Applied Engineering.
Benefits of being an Applied Engineering Ambassador
- Receive communication and leadership training and a wide variety of related experiences.
- Personal and professional development opportunities.
- Networking opportunities with industry representatives, community members, and alumni.
- Excellent resume addition that provides strong evidence of one’s expertise.
- Once you become an Applied Engineering Ambassador, you are able to continue until you graduate (provided you remain in good standing within the organization).
- Receive an Applied Engineering Ambassadors name badge (required to be worn during Ambassador events).
- The opportunity to give back to Jacksonville State University and the Department of Applied Engineering.
- Be a part of a fun and exciting group of students!
Requirements of an Applied Engineering Ambassador
- Maintain a minimum GPA of 2.75
- Have completed at least 12 hours of major coursework in the Department of Applied Engineering
- Submit an online application, including a brief essay stating why you are interested in joining the Ambassadors program
- Complete an interview
- Commit to at least two semesters (Fall and Spring) of Applied Engineering Ambassadors membership
Responsibilities of an Applied Engineering Ambassador
- In order to be an active member, you must complete the Ambassador training workshop.
- Participate in at least 9 hours (or three events) of Applied Engineering Ambassador service each semester. Service opportunities will vary in nature and may include: industry functions, preview days, information sessions, community outreach, middle school and high school events, etc. The majority of functions for Ambassadors will occur on campus.
- Willing to prioritize Applied Engineering Ambassador activities and ability to be flexible and responsive to the needs of the group.