Content Top Nav Left Nav Utility Nav Site Search
Mobile Menu

Undergraduate Admissions

Freshman Convocation Lt. Dan Band Miss JSU Chief Ladiga Trail
More Links

Undergraduate Admissions

An application for admission to Jacksonville State University is required for all applicants. Deadlines and requirements may vary based on classification.

Have questions? We'd love to help!

Admission Classifications and Applicant Instructions

Freshman: You have graduated from high school within the last eight years or are under 25 years old and never attended another college.

Transfer Freshman: You have graduated from high school and attended another college, but you have earned less than 24 semester hours of college credit that will transfer to Jacksonville State University. 

Transfer: You have earned at least 24 semester hours college credit that will transfer to Jacksonville State University.          

CORE Scholars: CORE Scholars is a dual enrollment program allowing concurrent enrollment in high school and college. This program is designed for academically accelerated students.

International: International students must meet basic admission requirements for their classification, and you may have additional requirements based on visa type, country of origin and educational history.
Transient: You are a guest at Jacksonville State University from another college or university for one term. You must be verified by your home institution as eligible to return to that insitution.  

Readmission: Former Jacksonville State University students that must apply for readmission include those who were admitted but did not attend.  Additionally, students who wish to change their status (such as transient to degree seeking, degree seeking to non-degree) must apply for readmission. You must complete the paper application for admission but are not required to pay the application fee. 

Non-Degree: Applicants that already hold a baccalaureate degree from an accredited institution and wish to take courses for personal enrichment may apply as non-degree seeking students. Please be aware that financial aid is not available for non-degree seeking students.

Update Student Status: You have attended JSU and earned credit in the past but have not attended the past 2 semesters.  

Back to Top