What do I have to do to graduate with a B.S. in Psychology?
- Have a “C” or higher in every major and minor course.
- Have a minimum 2.00 cumulative GPA overall.
- Have a minimum 2.00 JSU GPA overall.
- Complete 128 semester hours with 33 hours in the psychology major (12 hours of which must be completed at JSU) and an approved minor (6 hours of which must be completed at JSU).
- Have a minimum of 36 hours at the 300/400 level (including major and minor courses).
- Pass the English Competency Exam (ECE) at least one semester before graduating.
- Meet with the Arts and Sciences Undergraduate Certification Advisor Ms. Karen Gregg to clear your courses (typically done one to two semesters before you graduate).
- Apply to graduate by the deadline, one semester before you plan to graduate (Ms. Gregg will help you with this when you meet with her).
- Take the EPP during your graduating semester.
- Take the Major Field Test (MFT) in Psychology your graduating semester (contact Ms. Carter in the Psychology Department office AH 211 to schedule your exam). The MFT is offered Spring & Fall semesters only.