Summer and Fall 2017 Advising
Advising for summer and fall enrollment will be open February 27-March 17, 2017
Advising forms (save files to your hard drive & then save changes in Adobe Reader XI):
- If you are considering registering for summer and fall classes, you should seek advisement. You are not required to register if you have been advised, but you cannot register without advisor approval.
- Undergraduates can begin registering March 14 -- see Priority Pre-registration for details
Information Regarding Fall 2015 Curriculum Changes
Research Methods and Statistics Courses
- Use the following table to identify the courses you are required to take:
PSY Electives With PSY 301 as a Prerequisite--Acceptable Substitutions:
- MS 204 is a pre-/co-requisite for PSY 301, but an override is available for students completing 2009-2014 Catalogue requirements.
Group A, B, & C Electives
- For elective courses requiring PSY 301 as a prereq, PSY 300 (Statistics) and PSY 310 (Research Methods) will also fulfill this requirement.
- If you've taken one of these 3 courses, you can register without an override.
Psychology Practicum Information
- As of fall 2015, PSY electives will no longer be scheduled according to Groups A, B, & C.
- For students meeting 2009-2014 catalogue requirements, the School of Human Services and Social Sciences Certification Advisor will automatically include substitutions for graduating seniors who are unable to meet the grouping requirements.
Creating a Plan of Study for Financial Aid
- PSY 460 & 461 Instructional Practicum - typically by faculty invitation only
- PSY 480 & 481 Community Practicum - contact Dr. Bayles
- PSY 485 & 486 Applied Behavior Analysis Practicum - contact Dr. Bayles
- PSY 490 & 491 Individual Research - review faculty members' areas of interest and contact them for availability/approval
- Psychology Plan of Study for 2009-2014 Catalogue Requirements
- Psychology Plan of Study for 2015-2017 Catalogue Requirements
- Plan of Study Worksheet - Save this form to your computer & then personalize your plan of study. Once complete, send it to your advisor for feedback & approval. Allow at least 48 hours for a response.