Military Alumni of the Year
The criteria for consideration as the Military Alumnus/a of the Year are:
- Must be a graduate of JSU,
- Must be an officer on active duty or an active Guardsman or Reservist,
- Must join or be a member of the JSU Alumni Association,
- Must play an active role in promoting the university,
- Must have shown outstanding military achievement, and,
- Must be able to attend Homecoming to receive the award.
Nominations for Military Alumnus/a of the Year may be submitted from any source but are due no later than the end of June and must be accompanied by a written biographical sketch and photo. The individual is selected by consensus of the Network's Board. The President notifies the individual both telephonically and in writing. The President also notifies the JSU National Alumni Association.