Finals Week Survival Guide
After months of early morning classes, late night study sessions, exams, research papers and group projects, the fall 2018 semester is coming to an end. We wish students the best of luck on finals this week. Just remember to study, destress, and repeat!
The Houston Cole Library will be open extended hours this week for all those late-night cram sessions as follows: Monday-Thursday, 7 a.m. to 1 a.m.; and Friday, 7 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. View the complete list of hours here. The SGA will be providing free late night snacks on Monday, Wednesday and Thursday at 9 p.m.
Need a little extra help? Free tutoring is available in the following areas, no appointment needed:
- Math and Computer Science: Ayers Hall, Room 265. Monday, Wednesday and Thursday, 10 a.m. to 9 p.m.; Tuesday, 1-9 p.m.
- English: Theron Montgomery Building, Room 304, ACE. Monday and Wednesday, 8 a.m. to 12 p.m.; Tuesday and Thursday, 4:30-8 p.m.
- History and Foreign Language: Stone Center, Room 332. Monday-Thursday, 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Social and Behavioral Science: Theron Montgomery Building, Room 304, ACE. Monday and Wednesday, 2-6 p.m.; Tuesday and Thursday, 5-8 p.m.
- Science: Theron Montgomery Building, Room 304, ACE. Monday, Tuesday and Thursday, 9 a.m. to 9 p.m.; Wednesday, 9:30 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- Business: Theron Montgomery Building, Room 304, ACE. Monday-Wednesday, 10 a.m. to 8 p.m.; Thursday, 12:30-8 p.m.
- Music: Theron Montgomery Building, Room 304, ACE. Monday, 6:30-8 p.m.; Wednesday, 11:15 a.m. to 12:15 p.m.
Cram Jam: Belt out your favorite karaoke tunes while enjoying a late night breakfast served by JSU and SGA leaders at Cram Jam on Tuesday, 10 p.m. to 12 a.m., in Jack Hopper Dining Hall.
Game Day: Have fun and decompress with card games, board games, video games and snacks at Game Day on Tuesday, 10 a.m. to 10 p.m., at Houston Cole Library.
Stress-Free Yoga: Relax and unwind at two 30-minute yoga sessions on Wednesday, 4-5 p.m., in Houston Cole Library, Room 1101C.
Dining Hours: The Gamecock Diner will close for the semester on Wednesday at 9 p.m., while all other locations will close on Friday at 2 p.m. View hours here.
Stephenson Gym Hours: Burn off some steam at the gym in Stephenson Hall. A variety of free group fitness classes are offered all week. View the schedule.
Good luck with finals and have a wonderful holiday break!