Recap from October 2018 Trustee Meeting
The JSU Board of Trustees convened on campus on Oct. 15-16 for its regular fall quarter meeting. Highlights included the following:
- The board re-elected Ronald Smith as its chairman and Thomas Dedrick as vice chairman.
- The board announced the results of President John Beehler's annual performance evaluation, deeming his work Excellent over the past year. He was praised for his strong leadership following the March 19 tornado and the ongoing storm recovery efforts.
- The board announced the naming of the new wellness center opening in January 2019 as the "Jacksonville State University Recreation and Fitness Center."
- The board announced the naming of the old Jacksonville hospital property as the "JSU-RMC Center for Community Engagement and Rural Integrated Health."
- The board gave the School of Health Professions and Wellness permission to continue its efforts toward creating a Master of Science degree in Athletic Training
The board also annouced its 2019 meeting dates:
January 28-29, 2019
April 15-16, 2019
July 15-16, 2019
October 21-22, 2019