Information for Transient Students

Apply Now

A graduate student in good standing at a regionally accredited college or university may be admitted to Jacksonville State University as a transient student. 

Please follow these simple steps to submit your application: 

  1. Complete the JSU Graduate Application for Admission. (Access a Previously Started Application)
  2. Pay the non-refundable $35 application processing fee. 
  3. Send a letter of good standing from the dean of the graduate school of residence or a current official transcript to Graduate Admissions:
    Graduate Admissions
    Jacksonville State University
    700 Pelham Road North
    Jacksonville, Alabama 36265-1602

Please contact Graduate Admissions with any questions at (256) 782-5348 or

In addition, it is the student’s responsibility to request that a JSU transcript be forwarded to the college of residence upon completion of the course(s).