Dual Enrollment Instructor
Dual Enrollment Instructor Cadre Expansion Scholarship EligibilityCandidates Must:
- Be admitted to JSU graduate study or apply and gain admission in the Professional Development, Non-Degree Seeking Student category.
- Currently hold a master’s degree and lack no more than 6 hours in the subject area. Eligible general education subject areas include English, mathematics, science, history, foreign language, psychology, sociology, economics, political science, and fine arts.
- Currently teach in a high school or school system that is in JSU’s service area as defined by ACHE (Calhoun, Cherokee, Clay, Cleburne, DeKalb, Etowah, Randolph, St. Clair, Talladega) and which has a Dual Enrollment MOU with JSU
- Currently teach in a subject field of JSU’s general education classes
- Have approval and recommendation from school principal or superintendent, who will indicate the school’s intent for the candidate to teach DE classes for JSU once qualified.
- Have a GPA of 3.25 from the master’s degree and any subsequent coursework.
- Apply for adjunct status at JSU.
The Dual Enrollment Instructor Cadre Expansion Scholarship was created to address this teacher shortage for a program that enables Alabama’s high school students to earn college credit while in high school. By expanding Dual Enrollment opportunities, JSU can expand access that saves both time and money for students as they prepare for careers. The competitive scholarship will be limited to high school teachers who have master’s degrees and who teach in a JSU Dual Enrollment Partner School.
Criteria for Selection:
The successful candidate will:
- Be able to assist the high school partner and JSU to meet the shortage of SACSCOC-qualified instructors in particular subject areas in general education
- Have a record of successful teaching in the discipline
- Show strong evidence of potential for success in JSU graduate classes in the discipline
Scholarship Award:Up to $2960. Funding can only be used to cover classes needed for SACSCOC qualification and will cover the cost of up to 6 hours of graduate credit in an approved general education academic discipline. The award will also cover the University’s general fee for one semester. The number of hours of credit covered will be limited to the number of hours essential for the awardee to attain SACSCOC qualification. Classes must be taken within one year and must be approved by the department head of the subject area.
To be considered for the DE Cadre Scholarship, applicants must:
- Hold a degree from a regionally accredited institution or its foreign equivalent.
- Complete the JSU Graduate Application for Admission and select Professional Development as your academic program and gain graduate admission to JSU.
- Submit all required supplemental items listed below.
After submission of the graduate studies application, you must submit the following items through the online system:
- Submit official transcripts from all colleges/universities with degrees posted to Graduate Admissions (students who have previously attended JSU do not need to request a transcript from the university).
- Electronic submission to email@example.com
- By Mail:
Jacksonville State University
700 Pelham Road North
Jacksonville, Alabama 36265-1602
- Submit a statement of goals through the online application account. Your statement of goals should show your interest in, aptitude for, and willingness to teach dual enrollment courses.
- A recommendation form completed by your principal or superintendent, who will indicate the school’s intent for the candidate to teach dual enrollment classes for JSU once qualified. who can provide qualitative assessment of the applicant’s potential for success in graduate coursework. Reference forms will be submitted electronically. Instructions for submission will be sent through email to the applicant upon submission of the online graduate application.
- Scholarship Application
- Application for Adjunct Faculty position at JSU.