Accelerated Senior Privilege
The Accelerated Senior Privilege allows a graduating senior to take up to twelve graduate hours of coursework during his or her final year of undergraduate work. Accelerated Senior Privilege will also be extended to graduating seniors at other colleges and universities, provided all conditions specified below are met.
Please follow these simple steps to submit your application:
- Review the list of Graduate Programs and select your degree program.
- Complete the JSU Graduate Application for Admission. (Access a Previously Started Application)
- Pay the non-refundable $35 application processing fee.
- Submit a Verification Form completed by the academic advisor or certification officer of the school of the student’s undergraduate major to Graduate Studies that verifies the following:
- The student holds an overall GPA of 3.00 and a GPA of 3.00 in the undergraduate major; and have completed at least 96 credit hours at the undergraduate level towards degree completion.
- Submit any other required application materials to Graduate Admissions, or upload them to your application account, as specified within the application.
Please contact Graduate Admissions with any questions at (256) 782-5348 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The following restrictions are placed on Accelerated Senior Privilege:
- The student may take no more than twelve semester hours of graduate level courses prior to the completion of all undergraduate degree requirements. The student will not be allowed to register for additional graduate level courses until all undergraduate degree requirements have been met;
- The student must not exceed a total course load (undergraduate and graduate) of 13 semester hours in the fall and spring and 7 semester hours in each of the summer terms. Any exception to this regulation must be approved by the department head and the Dean of Graduate Studies;
- The student must provide all application materials for the desired graduate program to Graduate Studies, and be accepted, prior to the end of the semester of senior privilege and prior to pre-registering or registering for further coursework; and
- The student must complete a verification form for each semester a graduate course is requested.