Accelerated Senior Privilege
The Accelerated Senior Privilege allows a graduating senior to take up to twelve graduate hours of coursework during his or her final year of undergraduate work. Accelerated Senior Privilege will also be extended to graduating seniors at other colleges and universities, provided all conditions specified below are met.
Admission Requirements for Accelerated Senior Privilege
The student must hold an overall undergraduate GPA of 3.00 and have completed at least 96 credit hours at the undergraduate level towards degree completion.
The Following Restrictions Are Placed on Accelerated Senior Privilege...
- The student may take no more than twelve semester hours of graduate level courses prior to the completion of all undergraduate degree requirements.
- The student must not exceed a total course load (undergraduate and graduate) of 15 semester hours in the fall and spring and 9 semester hours in each of the summer terms. Any exception to this regulation must be approved by the Dean of Graduate Studies.
- The student must complete a verification form for each semester graduate coursework is requested.
- Approval and acceptance to the Accelerated Senor Privilege program does not guarantee admission to Graduate Studies or any academic graduate program at JSU.
- Prior to being fully accepted to a graduate program, the student must submit a graduate application, submit all required documents for application, and meet all admissions requirements for the academic program.
Steps to Apply for Accelerated Senior Privilege
*Student athletes must receive approval from their athletic advisor to ensure athletic eligibly requirements are met.
*International students must receive approval from the International Programs office to ensure VISA requirements are met.